Just a few details which have been shared with the students today, ready for Monday’s departure
- Any medication should be labelled clearly with name, tutor group and frequency of medication and placed in a plastic bag. This should be handed to the person responsible for the tutor group (the student’s tutor if they are coming or Mrs Kennedy (in place of Miss Spreadbury) or Mrs Fuller (in place of Miss Cotton) who will travelling on the same coach as your child.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN BUS BAYS either on Monday or on FRIDAY as the coaches need the full space to manoeuvre. Please park either in the Perins school car park or in the public car park.
- Your tutor (or responsible person) will tell students their dormitory and activity group before we get to Portsmouth, on Monday morning. It will be a job for students on the rest of the journey to find out who else they are rooming with! Where possible (in 99% of cases) students are rooming with the people that they chose when we did the rooming in July. Unfortunately, due to the numbers of going (155), it will not be possible to change rooming at this stage, as we are sure you will understand.
- Student should please remember to bring a rain jacket and sensible clothing for activities. Some of these will be on a muddy field, so a change of footwear will probably be a good idea. Don’t forget a hat and sunscreen as well – be ready for anything!
- Please remember your child needs food (or money) for the ferry trip out but Mr Papanicolaou will be able to give students money (approx. 10 Euros) to buy food on the return ferry journey. This is contrary to what you were told in June, but fortunately some costs associated with the trips and activities have proved to be lower than anticipated.
Contact during the trip: We will text parents when we arrive at the Chateau and when we arrive back at the ferry port. This replaces the telephone chains used in previous years. We will also keep the website up to date – hopefully with additional news during the week – and you can follow them on Twitter @perinscb2012
If you need to get a message to your child or the trip leaders at any other time, please contact the school office during office hours (01962 734361)
IF YOUR CHILD IS ILL AND UNABLE TO COME ON THE TRIP AS PLANNED please email Mr Papanicolaou Papanicolaou@perins.hants.sch.uk . He will be able to pick these messages up even if standing in the bus bay at 5am on Monday morning!
See you all bright and early on Monday morning!!