Perins is celebrating another year of fantastic examination results in 2016, demonstrating once again that the students are among the best. The school has maintained the outstanding figures seen in 2015 that recognised Perins as being within the top 10% of schools nationally for attainment and top 20% for progress.
In a year of changes to performance measures, the students performed exceptionally well with English achieving a staggering 86% A*-C, with 37% of the entry gaining A* or A grades and Maths attaining similar success with 25% of all grades at A* or A. Science results were also notably high including 100% A*-C in Physics and over 97% A*-C in both Biology and Chemistry.
Headteacher, Mr Steve Jones, commented “The students have demonstrated in these outstanding results that Perins is an exceptional learning establishment. As well as increasing the school’s strength in the core subjects, the students have demonstrated their broader abilities with exceptional achievements in enrichment subjects including Sport, Drama, History and Textiles. I am immensely proud of every single student and member of staff, as I know the many hours of work that they all put into achieving these exceptional results”.
- Our top performers this year are Rachel Wood, Ellie Mills, Jane Blackbourn, India Dickinson, Joseph Egelstaff, Ella Vincent, Ben Anderson, Darnesh Dadgostar and Tom Lock who all gained A* and A grades in all ten of their GCSE subjects.
- Textiles, Drama, PE and Music continue to do exceptionally well with pass rates of 100%, 98%, 89%, and 85% respectively.
- The Sciences achieved outstanding pass rates of 100% in Physics, 97% in Chemistry and 97% in Biology.
Summary of figures:
- Progress 8 score – 0.00
- Attainment 8 score – 55.19
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved grade C or above in English and Maths at the end of KS4 – 70%
- Percentage of pupils who have achieved the English Baccalaureate – 31%
Please click here to view the DfE school performance tables website.