The Pupil Premium is a type of funding introduced by the government to fund students who might need additional support at school. Perins School receives additional funding for any students that fall into the following groups.
- Students who are currently entitled, or who have in the past six years been entitled, to Free School Meals. The school receives an additional £935 per year for each of these students.
- The school receives £1,900 for any pupil who:
- Is identified as having left local-authority care as a result of one of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order)
- who has been in local-authority care for 1 day or more
- is recorded as both eligible for FSM in the last 6 years and as being looked after (or as having left local-authority care)
We strongly encourage any families who are entitled to Free School Meals to register for the Pupil Premium. All students’ catering accounts at Perins appear exactly the same and there is nothing to identify that they are getting a free school meal. Students entitled to a free meal have their balance updated every day with the amount allocated for a free school meal.This money can only be used at lunch and any under-spend or missed meals cannot be carried forward to the next day. Parents can also add extra money to their balance if they wish, in exactly the same way as others, to buy items at break time or extra items at lunch time. More information about registering for Free School Meals.
The Pupil Premium at Perins
At Perins, 102 students are eligible for this funding in the academic year 2020-21 and the school will receive the sum of £107,650. We are using this money in line with our school priorities and the needs of these particular students, topped up by funding from other parts of the school budget.
The reports below detail how students were supported in the last academic year and our plans for supporting disadvantaged students in the current year, 2020-21. The next pupil premium strategy review will take place in August 2021.