Applying to Perins

Who to contact and when to apply

When your child is moving from primary to secondary school, you will be sent details on how to apply online (usually via your child’s primary school in the autumn term of Year 6) and applications are dealt with centrally by the Hampshire County Council Admissions Team.

If your child attends a private school, a school outside Hampshire, or you move into the area after the Autumn term, you should apply directly to Hampshire Children’s Services for advice and an application form. Although Perins is an academy school, there are no additional forms for you to complete.

Admissions for September 2021

If you are seeking a place to start in Year 7 in September 2021 please download our Admissions Policy below.

If you wish to make a late application for Year 7 please visit

At Perins we understand that deciding on a secondary school can be a difficult process.  Therefore, we usually hold several Open Days throughout the year to help with your decision.  Unfortunately our Open Days in 2020 have been postponed, please see here for further information.

If you wish to apply for a school place to start at any other time or other year groups (an “in-year” application), please contact the Admissions Administrator at Perins to ascertain if space is available. We also encourage you to visit the school – tours before an “in-year” application can be booked online here.

To make an application in-year please download an application form below. Further advice is also available from Hampshire Children’s Services.

Published Admission Numbers (PAN)

The PAN for year 2021/22 Year 7 intake is 230.

National Offer Day is 1st March 2021.

Waiting lists will be established on 10th March 2021 after the late application deadline.  Children will be automatically added to the waiting list of any school named as a higher preference than the school allocated.  Please note that Hampshire County Council manage all admissions for Year 7 entry until 31st August 2021.


Information on appeals for Year 7 September 2021 will be published when available.

In-year Appeals

In-year appeals can be submitted via an online form at by clicking the ‘Appeal a Placement Decision’ icon or by emailing