In the summer term, Year 8 Perins students are offered a trip to Paris. The trip is open to the whole year group and is an excellent opportunity for the children to visit one of the most famous cities in the world and experience an exciting European culture. Whether students are studying French or Spanish, the languages department encourages all students to understand and experience a different culture. It also provides an opportunity for as many of the year group as possible to share in an experience that will bond them and provide them with a true “Perins memory”.
Previously the group has stayed at the PGL centre on the outskirts of Paris, in an activity centre named Chateau de Grande Romaine. The accommodation is set in 70 acres of grounds, has many on-site activities and all rooms are en-suite. In the past activities have included:
- A day trip to Paris, visiting the principal tourist attractions, such as the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and the Cathédrale de Notre Dame
- A boat trip on the River Seine
- A visit to the Château Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Cultural visits such as a trip to a French market
- A day trip to Parc Astérix
A finalised itinerary and costs will be published nearer to the date of departure each year.
Previously the cost of the week in France has been around £500. This price has included meals whilst in Paris, travel, excursions and activities.