2 Year Laptop Scheme
Moving forward into Year 10 there are 2 options for laptop use at school:
- To continue to participate in the laptop scheme and receive a new laptop for September 2020.
- To use the existing scheme laptop with no warranty or insurance cover.
As the insurance and warranty are due to expire on the current scheme devices, we highly recommend taking advantage of signing up to the new scheme and receiving a new laptop for the remaining 2 years of your child’s education at Perins.
Students who will be starting Year 10 in September are therefore invited to join our 2 year scheme. Please take time to read ‘Laptop Use in Years 10 & 11’ and the 2020 Laptop Scheme Information and Frequently Asked Questions sheet:
- Response form indicating your decision to be completed for all Year 9 students by 22 May 2020.
- Response form also tells us if you’d like to keep the existing laptop for school or home use.
- Perins will be placing the order for new laptops 3 June 2020.
- Suggested monthly donation is £20 and will be collected for 21 months starting 25 August 2020. The final collection therefore will be 25 April 2022.
- The insurance and warranty will be valid for 24 months.
- New laptops will be handed out at the start of the new term in September.
- Transfer of ownership payment for existing laptop due by 7 September 2020 (via Scopay).
- The final donation for current Year 9 laptop scheme will be collected 25 July 2020.
In order for us to receive the laptops and get them ready in time for September we need your decision as soon as possible. So please follow the link below to complete the online response form (indicating whether you want to opt-in or out of the new scheme) by 22 May 2020. Please note we need a completed response form for all Year 9 students, even if you have decided not to join the new scheme.
STEP 1: Please click here to complete the response form to indicate your choice.
STEP 2: To complete your request for a new laptop (unless you are waiting for a call back from Perins), please also complete an online direct debit mandate at:
Password: S3cure02! (N.B: the password is case sensitive and the 0 is a zero)
Please complete all screens, ensuring you click any boxes/buttons which may appear at the bottom of each screen (including a button to confirm your direct debit details). The order is complete when you are issued with a reference number.
The portal will be open 27 April – 29 May 2020
If you have any problems accessing the portal, please contact Freedom Tech direct on 020 3857 5630 or email@example.com
For all other queries or to request a paper copy of the information and/or forms please contact Caroline Cleaver 01962 737232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org