Perins Laptop Scheme
We are very proud of our pioneering laptop scheme. All students are given the opportunity to use a school laptop for their time at Perins for use in school and at home. The scheme relies on the commitment and donations of our parents to ensure we can deliver this outstanding opportunity to our students.
New starters Joining Y7 in September – 3-Year Laptop Scheme
Students moving into Year 10 in September – 2-Year Laptop Scheme
Please note that chargers and home devices cannot be used at school. Laptops must be fully charged before bringing to school.
Benefits of E-learning
The use of computers in schools is known to promote independent learning which the students find empowering and our excellent academic results demonstrate its effect.
– Increased engagement and interest for students to learn interactively
– More effective diagnostic testing for students and staff; electronic tests with immediate feedback
– Online student collaboration, modelling and peer assessment to improve grades
– Ease of sharing work and learning from each other
– Regular and frequent exposure to relevant technology in all subject areas, as opposed to once a week in an IT suite
We believe in integrating digital learning, with technology as a complementary piece of equipment in a student’s “pencil case” which supports and develops different skills, alongside the more traditional approaches of reading, writing, drafting, spelling and drawing traditionally practised in schools.
How to get IT Support for a school laptop
Students can bring along their laptop to IT Services, at break/lunchtime and before/after school. If the laptop is physically broken please also complete this form:
For further information about the scheme or for any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org